Over the past three decades, Jerry Goldner has represented international investors, institutional funds, national developers, high net worth families and neighborhood property owners. He has established a reputation for being an ethical and accomplished advisor with sales in excess of $260 million. Jerry’s close relationships with some of Chicago’s top property owners and developers is one of the reasons competing brokers trust him to work on their confidential deals.
The vast majority of transactions have been off-market confidential opportunities. Some of his high profile transactions include; Walton on the Park (201 apts), the largest transaction in SVN’s history, One West Walton (No. 9 Walton Condos site), Cityfront Center Chicago Phase III (now referred to as Optima Chicago Center), 951-55 W. Huron (Huron Place), 300-330 West Huron (312 HuronCondos), 1855-1921 West Diversey (60 unit apt.site), 50 acre ‘Galewood Rail Yard’ (‘Galewood Crossings’ & ‘Galewood Enclave’) and Willow Hill Executive Center (Northfield IL.).
Jerry’s real estate education began in high school and college working with his father Irv, a master carpenter. He spent his summers learning building maintenance and leasing units at apartment buildings his uncle & brother managed. After graduating from College, he expanded his knowledge of property management before starting his brokerage career. In addition, as Director of Acquisitions at Arthur Goldner & Associates, he completed numerous transactions including the Meidinger Tower in Louisville and the Hartford Plaza Shopping Center in Wisconsin. Prior to joining CRER, Jerry was affiliated with SVN Chicago Commercial and Jameson Commercial.
Jerry is a board member of The Chicago Audubon Society, an award-winning wildlife photographer and founder of Profiles of Nature. He has donated 100’s of photos and four exhibits to environmentally progressive non-profits and has been published over 200 times. He is a regular contributor to WTTW’s Chicago Tonight, The Field Museum and The Daily Herald. His permanent exhibit ‘Urban Nature’ is on the Oncology floor of The Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Jerry’s ‘Owls of Illinois’ exhibit at The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum was critically acclaimed. He also curated and participated in their Micole Bird Walk & Birds of Chicago permanent exhibits.
- Sole broker of Two West Delaware – Walton on the Park – 201 unit apt. building.
- Sole broker of the One West Walton Street development site, now referred to as No.9 Walton Condominiums.
- Sole broker of 951-955 West Huron now referred to as North Michigan Avenue Group’s ‘Huron Place’.
- Sole broker of the development site located at 200 East Illinois Ave. CityFront Plaza Phase II. Now referred to as Optima Chicago Center.
- Willow Hill Executive Center – Northfield, IL. 148ksf office building.
- Hartford Plaza Shopping Center – Hartford Wisconsin. 149k sf grocery anchored center.
- The Galewood Yard – 50 acre development site on Chicago’s NW Side. Now the Galwood Crossing & Enclave apts. and town homes. AMC Showtime Theaters and General Laborer’s District Council.
- 834-840 Judson St. Evanston – 24 unit apt building converted to condos.
- 336-344 S. Maple / 112-1130 Washington – Oak Park. 44 unit apt. building converted to Lions Gate condos.
- 825-835 Forest St. Evanston – 24 unit apt building converted to condos.
- 1698 W. Estes St. Chicago – 24 Unit Apt. building
- 1619-1625 West Howard St. Evanston – 12 unit building converted to condos.
- 124-132 Clyde St Evanston – 24 unit apt. building
- 1431 – 1439 West Sherwin – 24 unit apt building
- 6960-6968 N. Ashland – 25 unit apt building
- 1327-33 W. Chase St. – 12 unit apt building